Monday, January 7, 2013

Few Americans know the risks of obesity. Do you?

Happy New Year 2013.  My junk box and my facebook news feed is filled with a lot of options for me to shed those pounds that most people accumulated over the holidays.              ( thanks for the Shaklee180 program I'm on, it didn't happen to me). More on that in a later post.
 
But seriously, let's say it. Obesity is here worldwide and we need to address it. But do you really understand the risks  and are you willing to do what it takes to make changes that bring happily ever after-after results and not just a quick fix of changing the scale?   Through out this month, I'll be sharing some of the info that I use in my lecture series "Take your shape in a whole new direction".

Check out this article, published Sunday January 6 by Lauran Neegaard, Associated Press and let me know what your take on it is.



Poll: Few Americans know all the risks of obesity
 WASHINGTON — Heart disease and diabetes get all the attention, but what about the many other ways obesity can damage your health?
Carrying too many pounds may lead to or worsen some types of cancer, arthritis, sleep apnea, even infertility. But a new poll suggests few Americans realize the links.
Only about one-quarter of people think it's possible for someone to be very overweight and still healthy, according to the poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.
Ask about the most serious consequences, and more than 7 in 10 Americans can correctly tick off heart disease and diabetes. Heart disease is the nation's leading killer, and diabetes and obesity are twin epidemics, as rates of both have climbed in recent years.                      (     Read the rest of the article here


No comments:

Post a Comment