Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School with a Healthy Start!



It's been a long time since the Back to School has meant something to me or that I had to battle the crowds for that list of school supplies. But, even  if you have all the right notebooks and pencils…and for the teachers, all the right bulletin board materials and grading pens, there are some other necessities that can contribute to a successful year!  
As a teacher, I was always sick with colds, flu and allergies... until my mom introduced me to a company called Shaklee.  And, although we didn't have social media back in the 80's and 90's when I walked my sons to Bostonia Christian Elementary School, I still heard all the moms and teachers commenting in the parking lot on the current illness and ailments of their own, their kids or their classrooms.  I decided to start a  Nutrition Club for moms to meet and talk about solutions to make sure that their kids were part of the percentage that DIDN'T get sick or pick up every cold and flu. I love the way one blogger puts it "Why be satisfied with mediocre"?  That is so true.  We learned to build up their immune systems so that when those germies came, they had sufficient armies of antioxidants in those cells to fight the war!!   You can too!!  Here is a list of SCHOOL SUPPLIES that you won't find on those printed lists or at Target.  

1. Multi-Vitamin: Because of the quality of our food supply, it is very difficult (pretty much impossible) to all the nutrients our bodies need from what we eat. I have heard numerous  health professionals  encourage everyone to add a good one to their daily routine and it can make a big difference in your health and your first line of defense. We choose Vita-Lea with iron for women and Vita-Lea without iron for men). Incredivites  is the first children’s vitamin with lactoferrin—the immune boosting protein found in breast milk. (And no, you can’t get this at Walmart) Another blogger,  Kylie Hinkle gives an amazing explanation  in her post “What You Need to Know about Children’s Vitamins.”  In addition you can take a look at the Shaklee difference and this video for one example).


2. Optiflora probiotics:
 Have you been reading about probiots lately?  Yes, 80% of our immune system is in our digestive tract, which effects not only how healthy we are, but how the rest of our body functions including our moods and emotions.  Bring it on!!   And don't go out and just purchase any probiotics;  studies have shown that only about 5% get to the colon where it all starts. You can read more on the link. We refer to it as a pearlie and yes, is easily swallowed by even the smallest children.
3.Nutriferon:  I remember seeing world-renowned immunologist Dr. Yasuhiko Kojima speak in Chicago when this life-changing immunity product was introduced to us. He first discovered interferon in 1954, while he was conducting research at Tokyo University. After 40 years of painstaking research, testing hundreds of natural compounds, he developed a unique blend of four powerful plant extracts that boost the body’s natural production of interferon. Scientists and medical communities have identified interferon as critical to healthy immune function. NutriFeron is the only dietary supplement in the U.S. created by the discoverer of Interferon. I wish I would have had this when I was teaching Jr. High or when my kids were in school.  We take this regularly now, but  I know moms who will find a way to get it into their children when their immune systems have been hit. (crushed and added to a shake or applesauce)Message me for more info. 
4. Vitamin C:  I love the simplicity of having these on hand for a great immune boost.  Children can add a simple chewable Vitamin C (of the highest quality) and  Sustained Release Vita-C for  adults. We also use this in our Healthy Vita-H20.  
5. Shaklee 180 shakes and bars:  As a teacher and also for my children, we never left the house without a good protein shake to help give us the energy and focus we needed, in addition to helping stabilize blood sugar and appetite. Even now I can't keep enough bars on hand for snacks or before and after sporting events. It's just good to know that you can have safe and healthy stuff (These shakes and bars are SAFE and HEALTHY for children of ALL ages). 
EXTRA:  Of course, I will also get up on my soap box and talk about the importance of getting the toxic cleaning and laundry products out of your homes because they can truly compromise the immune system ( especially children who breath them in twice as fast as adults).  
Oh, by the way, I did find myself at Target filling a handwritten list from our neighbor family who  were starting school without the necessities.  (Now to teach them the skills of of thank you) 

No comments:

Post a Comment