Sunday, May 2, 2010

Garbage in- Garbage out: What we can learn from creation itself!

I go through the Psalms and Proverbs and read them on the same day of the month ( chapter 1 on the first day of the month etc.) So yesterday was May 1. As I was sitting in my hammock looking at our healthy tree shining in the sun, it just seemed to be lifting up it's branches in praise. But that's another post. So, this is the tree that was so stressed and very sad looking when we bought the property a couple years ago. And as the story goes, about 6 months later the former owner stopped by and noticed how healthy and different the tree was. He asked what we had done. When we thought about it, we realized that the septic tank is close by and we only put stuff into our drains that is SAFE for us and the earth. That means our household, laundry, shampoo, soaps etc. are all Shaklee products. And so what was being leached into the roots of our tree was now so good and it prospered, rather than being brought down by the toxins that had been there before. So, now I'm reading Psalm 1 " Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3And he shall be like a TREE planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper..."


It just reminds me that what I allow into my life or to seep into my 'roots' affects me and how I will respond to life. If i allow, even unintentionally, the garbage on TV or from hanging around negative people to be a constant into my head, well...I will not prosper as I was created. For me personally, I meditate on God's word daily ( from my hammock) because I know this is the way I can be like our tree, healthy and prosper....

Garbage in; garbage out. What we can learn from creation itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment